Attorney and Teacher
Debate and Mock Trial Team Coach
Running a competitive high school speech and debate program along with managing the responsibilities of an active law practice is challenging, but Attorney Brian Bellamy’s passion for education and challenging youth makes it worthwhile.
Brian is an owner at Clark & Bellamy, P.C. where he specializes in the area of Intellectual Property Law and represents Georgia as a Special Assistant Attorney General. Brian competed on the debate team at Thomas County Central High School with some success and lots of enjoyment. After receiving an undergraduate degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering at Mercer University, Brian’s speech and debate experience led him to earn a J.D. from Mercer School of Law and to pursue a career in IP law. Thus, Brian obtained his status U.S. Registered Patent Attorney, and represents inventors by drafting and prosecuting patent applications for inventions and helps businesses develop strong brands through trademarks.
Brian’s students will have the opportunity to participate in tournaments throughout Georgia and pursue the goal of establishing a state and nationally recognized quality program. Toward this goal, Brian integrates technology into the speech and debate training. These tools provide an opportunity for all students to participate on the team and excel despite being enrolled in a rigorous academic schedule and having extensive extracurricular activities. Brian has trained for the integration of technology into the classroom through completion of NASA ePDN professional development courses by Georgia Tech including Podcasting in the Classroom, Vodcasting for the Classroom, Introduction to 3D Design, and Technology in the Classroom.
Past Teaching Experience
- Adjunct Professor – Mercer University – Technical Communications
- Guest Lecturer – Mercer University – Intellectual Property in Engineering
- FIRST Lego League
- FIRST Jr. Lego League
- Central High School 1987
- Mercer University, BSE, Industrial and Systems Engineering 1991
- Mercer Law School, JD 1994
- Franklin Pierce Law Center, Intellectual Property Summer Institute 1993
- Georgia Tech/NASA Podcasting in the Classroom 2011
- Georgia Tech/NASA Vodcasting in the Classroom 2012
- Georgia Tech/NASA 3D Modeling 2012
- Georgia Tech/NASA Integration of Technology in the Classroom 2012
Contact Brian Bellamy
Thomas County Central High School
Mr. Bellamy’s School System Homepage